Amit K. Giri (Ph.D)
Dr. Amit K. Giri is an Assistant Professor at Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi. He joined the institute after earning his Ph.D in Economics from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee in 2017. He is the recipient of fellowship from International Labour Office, Geneva, Switzerland, for his research in the field of labour welfare. In December, 2018, he had taught and participated in colloquiums on labour conditions in global value chains at the University of Antwerp, Belgium.
- Assistant Professor, XISS, Ranchi (since April 3, 2017)
- Research Scholar and Teaching Assistant, Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, IIT Roorkee (January 1, 2011-December 30, 2016)
- Assistant Professor, UIM Allahabad (July 22, 2010-December 30, 2010)
- Assistant Professor, SMS Varanasi (July 14, 2007-July 16, 2010)
- Assistant Professor, Don Bosco College, Itanagar (June 15, 2006-June 30, 2007)
- Fellowship grant (USD 1000), International Labour Office, Geneva, Switzerland, 2017.
- Travel grant, International Labour Office, Geneva, to present a paper at the 5th RDW Conference in ILO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland.
- MHRD scholarship, government of India, to pursue Ph.D. at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Roorkee, for 5 years (2011-2016).
- Gold medal for securing first class, first position in M.A. (Economics) examination, Rajiv Gandhi University, Itanagar (formerly Arunachal University).
- Tel: Phone Ext: 302
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org