Faculty Development Programme on Data Analysis for Research
The Financial Management Programme of the Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi (XISS), is conducting a five-day Faculty Development Programme on Data Analysis for Research during 8-12 May, 2021. This programme will provide training in usage of various data analysis tools and techniques to the participants for conducting research. The programme is mainly application oriented. It will focus on solving cases from various social sciences and management disciplines. The software IBM SPSS will be used for computational purpose.
- Faculty members working in the domain of social sciences and management
- Research scholars in the domain of social sciences and management.
- Industry professionals interested in data analysis
- No more than 30 participants will be selected for the programme on first come, first served basis. Preference will be given to faculty members and research scholars working in the state of Jharkhand.
Contents of the Programme
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Statistical Inference
- Linear Regression Models
- Logit and Probit Models
- Time Series Data Analysis: ARIMA modelling will be the main focus of this module.
- Writing Papers for Consideration of Publications in Journals: This module will train the participants on how to write papers for consideration of publication in journals published by publications houses, such as, Elsevier, Springer, Sage, etc.
The IBM SPSS will be used for computational purpose. The participants should bring their own laptops with IBM SPSS software installed. Should any participant fail to install IBM SPSS in his/her computer, the institute will provide the software for use only during the training period.
The FDP will be conducted in the Seminar Rooms and Computer Laboratories of XISS during 8-12 May, 2021. All the classrooms, seminar rooms and computer laboratories in XISS are air conditioned.
The fee for the programme is Rs. 5000 (including GST of 18 %). The institute will provide a certificate on successful completion of the programme to the participants. The participants will be provided lunch, tea and snacks during 8-12 May, 2021. Outstation participants will have to arrange for their own accommodation. There are several budget hotels in the vicinity of the institute.
- Fr. Joseph Marianus Kujur, S.J. is the Director of XISS. He earned his Ph.D. from Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University and did his postdoctoral studies at Centre of Latin American Studies (CLAS), Edmund Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, Washington D.C. His publications include 8 books and more than 50 articles in national and international journals.
- Prof. Anant Kumar is an Associate Professor at XISS. He has obtained his Ph.D. from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Prof. Kumar is a Fulbright Scholar and an Adjunct Additional Professor at the Global Institute of Public Health, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala; and an Affiliate at Global Gender Center, RTI International, USA. He has published more than 90 papers in international and national journals.
- Prof. Pramil Kumar Panda is an Assistant Professor and Head of the Department of Research and Planning at XISS. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He has undertaken more than 30 research and consultancy projects as the principal investigator or as the co-principal investigator. He has 16 publications in various national and international journals.
- Prof. Rishi Dwivedi is an Assistant Professor at XISS. He has obtained his PhD degree from Jadavpur University, Kolkata in the area of Operations Research. He has published more than 10 research papers in international journals.
- Prof. Prashant Kumar Jha is an Assistant Professor at XISS. He is a Postgraduate in Economics and has qualified NET in Economics. He has also done PGPBE with Finance specialization. He has worked as an Equity Research Analyst and as Senior Executive with Bombay Stock Exchange Limited for more than a decade.
- Prof. Amit K. Giri is an Assistant Professor at XISS. He earned his Ph.D. from the Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee. He is the recipient of Fellowship from International Labour Office, Geneva, Switzerland. Prof. Giri has also taught at the University of Antwerp, Belgium as a visiting faculty. He has more than 10 publications in international and national journals.
Register for the Programme (Click the link below for registration and payment of the fee).
Prof. Amit K. Giri (Ph.D., IIT Roorkee)
Assistant Professor, Financial Management Programme
Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi Phone: 757918033
Prof. Prashant Kumar Jha (Programme Co-Director) Assistant Professor, Financial Management Programme Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Fr. (Dr.) Joseph Marianus Kujur, S.J., Director, XISS
- Fr. (Dr.) Pradeep Kerketta, S.J., Assistant Director, XISS
- Fr. Francis David Kullu, S.J., Finance Officer, XISS
- Dr. Bharat Prasad Shrivastava., Registrar, XISS
- Dr. Arup Mukherjee., Head, Financial Management Programme, XISS
- Dr. Ratnesh Chaturvedi, Professor, Financial Management Programme, XISS
- Dr. Bhaskar Bhowani, Associate Professor, Financial Management Programme, XISS
- Dr. Arana Kausar, Assistant Professor, Financial Management Programme, XISS
About Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS)
The Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi (XISS), is one of the oldest management schools in India. The institute is managed and governed by the Society of Jesus, more popularly known as the ‘Jesuits’. It is one of the top-rated management schools in the country according to the latest NIRF ranking. XISS offers five AICTE approved two-year programmes: PGDM (Marketing), PGDM (Information Technology), PGDM (Human Resource Management), PGDM (Rural Management) and PGDM (Finance).
The programme of Financial Management is one of the pioneering programmes of XISS. The programme endeavours at imparting in-depth knowledge and professional skills to students in the areas of financial decision making. For more details about XISS and its various programmes, kindly visit https://www.xiss.ac.in.